A tool that scans ms scripts and create a function index for them on the fly. The index is alphabetically sorted and can be filtered easily to quickly navigate through. You can open a script and jump to the line where the function is defined, with one click.
Sometime especially when working with shared general function structs, it get's pretty confusing to find a function that you need. You don't know how exactly is it called, where is it defined and sometimes you even don't know if there is a function that suites your needs. So next time before you decide to just write a function from scratch, take a better look in your scripts archive with this tool..
If you select a function, the script containing this function will automatically be opened to edit in the mxs editor and the line where the function is defined, will be selected.
If you right click on the function, it will be written to the mxs editor.
To modify the root folder, open \FunctionIndexSettings.ini
and point the 'root' to wherever you like.
Updates in version 0.3:
- Better function identification algorithm (thanks to Denis Trofimov).
- Resizeable UI.
- UI size and position ore now saved in the settings ini and restored.
- Added Current folder - get the function index of the current open script
even if it's not saved.
- Added Favorites folder - you can now add any script to your favorites.
- Settings ini file now stored in max scenes folder so that the settings will
be shared across max versions.
- Filter scripts option added.
Bugs fixed in version o.4:
- Some functions that have been missed by the old algorithm are now detected.
read more here:
Thanks to Denis Trofimov for his help with his brilliant assemblies