P909 Object Material Tool
this is a collection of macros that I use every day in my shading/texturing workflow. You'll find eleven buttons which do the following task:
- by instance: looks for instances of selected object and select them
- by material: yeah, you can do this by clicking MaterialEditor->selectByMaterial but... I find this too slow. Just a click and go.
- by modifier: select all objects in the scene that have applied an instance of the first modifier in selection stack. (useful for displacements and uvmaps)
- geo+shapes: select all geometry and shapes objects in scene in just one click
Modifier tools (these are useful for quick uvmaps)
- copy modifier: apply an instance of the selected modifier to all objects with the same material
- rmmod by material: remove all instances of the selected modifier from all objects with the same material
- rmmod (ALL instances): remove all instances of the selected modifier from all objects in scene
- rmmod (ALL): remove all modifiers of the same selection's class from every object in scene
- select modifier and material: here you can choose the item (modifier and material) which will be used as target.
- assign: this is to assign current material to selection
- refresh: refresh modifier's list (if you have selected another object)
- centerpivot: self-explaining :-)
- bkfccull: turn backfaceculling on/off to the object selected
- BOX/PRE: these two buttons change visualization type of vrayproxy/ies selected. Works even with different vrayproxy selected.
To "install", drag the code directly on your toolbar or run MacroScript.
You'll find it under "Tools"
ICONS: copy them into $HOME\Documents\3dsMax\sceneassets\images
1.2 - setMaterial, vrProxyBBox, vrProxyPrev added
1.1 - selAll, objRefresh, pivotCenter, objBackCull added - Works with one or more objects!
1.0 - now distribuited as MCR. Install complete!!!
0.9 - added a dropdownlist to choose between modifiers to work on
0.8 - added "modKillEmAll" to erase any modifier with the same class of selected
Works with at least ONE object selected or more...