I don't know if it is exactly the correct way of doing this, but I felt it was the best.
I am in the process of completely rewriting my assets management plugin/script, Patanouk, and I would like to ask you, users, the kind of features you would love to see in this assets manager.
Patanouk 1 raised interest but was obviously behaving too erratically due to the fact that I wanted to mainly use MaxScript.
During the last three years, I got a lot of feedback and features requests, which I will take into account for Patanouk 2. Also, I would like to thank all of you who sent me their best encouragements.
I will keep this page updated and will use it when I will upload Patanouk 2.
- Forever free and always up-to-date.
- Will be delivered as a DotNet library so that anyone will be able to use it with its own GUI.
- Intended for easy storing and browsing objects (geometry, textures, groups, splines, ...) into a library.
- Automatically creates a preview for the objects you add into your library.
- Only need a couple of clicks to manage your library (Add, Rename, Move, Delete, Edit, Replace, ...)
- Saves a lot of time avoiding the artist to manually export the object, check the bitmaps paths or even creating the preview.
- Designed to be easily upgraded with each of your needs.
- Docked version, for mono-screen workstations.
Link to Patanouk :http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/patanouk