Render Node Manager
- NEW - connects with nodes by - RNM Server
- much simpler to setup (RNM Server works without Remote Desktop)
Render Nodes Manager is a network tool. It allows to remotely start / restart / stop VRaySpawner , Corona DrServer, Octane Daemon on selected servers / nodes.
It helps to solve typical problem when user cancel distributed rendering and render nodes don't pick up for some time...
New version works with RNM Server (small server program to run on each of nodes) or classic Remote Desktop
RNM Server method:
Render Node Manager connects to RNM Server only by local network.
Very easy to setup - specify only network exchange / shared path
How to set it up with RNM Server:
1. Start RNM Server on nodes
2. choose exchange / shared network path in Settings tab (the same path need to be visible for all computer in network)
3. Start Render Node Manager at your workstation
4. choose exchange / shared network path in Settings tab
5. add nodes IPs (connection with RNM server works only with IPs on the list)
6. check if paths to VRayspawner, Corona or Octane are correct
7. select nodes and try to start Test: notepad.exe
8. it notepad works try with VRayspawner, Corona or Octane
9. All should be done
Remote Desktop method:
It works similar to PSTools but it start VRaySpawner as desktop application with access to all Network Mapped Drives
How to set it up with Remote Desktop:
1. First you need to setup Remote Desktop on nodes / render servers . There is nice tutorial how to do it on: https://4sysops.com/archives/how-to-setup-remote-desktop-with-windows-7/... (Remember to choose a user with password)
2. User allowed to remote desktop has to be logged on remote machine. The best will be if this is auto login user (program starts VraySpawner only on that specific user desktop/interface) If you have few users you need to setup one to be auto login. There is a nice article about it: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/377-log-automatically-startup.html
3. Test Remote Desktop button.
------- If your Remote Desktop Connection works you can start bellow -------------
4. Add Incoming rules too Firewall (instruction images are in zip file)
5. Open Remote Node Manager and go to tab "Settings". Add your nodes to list (IPs or names).
6. Type username and password (the same as for Remote Desktop connection)
7. Now try Restart / Shutdown buttons AND start/refresh / stop "notepad.exe" (from Remote tab)
8. If those buttons work - choose your paths in Setings Tab. (default is VRaySpawner 3.0 for 3ds Max 2014)
9. All should be setup correctly now and ready to remotly start/restart/stop VRAY, Corona and Octane ( just make sure all paths are correct )
- 2 connection methods - connects to nods by RNM Server or classic Remote Desktop
- fully customizable 6 tasks (custom names and paths)
- save settings: nods list, paths, etc
- Remote Desktop stop button - to stop remote desktop and return to normal screen
- VNC button and VNC path in settings (VNC is more useful for Octane users because Remote Desktop turns off CUDA drivers)
- Test: re-start / stop buttons - default "notepad.exe"
- RNM Server method works with all windows versions, require only network exchange / shared path
- Remote Resktop method require Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate (doesn't work on Windows Home - this version of Windows does not support Remote Desktop). All nodes have to be ready to be connected by Remote Desktop with one username and password
-.NET Framework 3.5 or later
-This is beta / demo version only.
-Demo version is limited up to 3 nodes on the list only.
-Demo version does not save settings.
Let me know what you think.