Select By Material
'SELECT BY MATERIAL'
NEW FEATURE: Select multiple node/s in SME.
Script which allows easy selection of materials inside Slate Material Editor and Compact Material Editor over 3ds max standard method.
Benefits over maxes built in way:
- Auto open/closes groups.
- No annoying select from scene dialog after 3ds max method.
- Keyboard shortcut by macro. (Max does not have this, at least I can't see it).
- Works seamlessly in any workflow.
- See Video below on usage.
PS. I have the script mapped to SHIFT + M for ease of use.
Please drag v1 .mzp file to max window and click unistall. Than drag v.1.1 to max window to fresh install it if updating to 1,1.
For other later versions, simply just use the lastest .mzp (v.1.1+) file and drag into 3ds max UI to install.
Version 1.0 - 2015.07.24
- First Release. (Select your objects quickly + auto-open/close group heads)
Version 1.1 - 2015.07.25
- ADDED: Support for groups that were previously opened while still closing the groups affected by the script.
- ADDED: Object count in listener.
- ADDED: Support for Compact Material Editor, you can now toggle back and front between them with no problem.
- ADDED: Warning that no object/s with selected material exist in scene.
- CHG: Script name to 'Select By Material'.
- ADDED: Querybox to open material editor if not opened.
Version 1.2 - 2015.08.29
- CHG: Supports max 2014 only, this is due to 2014s getSelectedNodes() array in max.
- CHG: Output results of the no. of items selected and materials names in a messagebox instead of listener. Listener if only one material node is selected.
- ADDED: Multiple selection of material nodes in SME now supported like normal method, only much quicker.
- ADDED: Support for Environment Maps where added to the environment slot.
- REMOVED: Selection of sub materials in Multi-Sub objects after changing to selection of nodes.
- BUG FIX: Works with spaces in SME views name.
Quick Mat Select Test_2012.max file attached for you to try it out.
Hope you enjoy it and any requests please let me know. :)