Skin Or Die
The SkinOrDie Script is a set of tools which will improve your workflow for skinning enormously. It's intention is to completly replace the interface of the standard max skin modifier and give you a more intuitive one.
View a complete interface screenshot
SkinOrDie is a large toolset for skinning characters. It adds some powerful functions to the standard SkinModifier - including:
- New and more intuitive interface
- BoneSelector for selecting Bones
- Massive VertexSelection tools - like Edgeloop/ring selection - SelectionSets - Grow/Shrink selection - Mirror selection - Range Selection - Hide selection and more...
- Vertex Weighting: QuickWeight - Average weight - Distribute weight - Softselection weight - Mirror weight - Reset & Exclude tools - and more...
- Edge Weighting: Interactivly weight along edgeloops/rings - incl. Edgefalloff
- SkinShapes: Replacement for SkinModifiers Envelopes - far more flexible
- Do quick deformation tests without leaving the SkinModifier
- Load and Save Weights
- Full documentation
- And even more ;)
Update Version 2.12 (2005.10.26):
- Add: VertexEditing rolloutstate and windowsize are saved now
- Add: BoneSelector windowsize is saved now
- Add: ResetWindows button in the config window
- Add: Presets for Paintbrush size and strength
.mcr: Copy the .mcr script to your uimacroscripts directory and run it from within 3dsmax
.mzp: Just run from 3dsmax - files will automatically be copied
You can now add the script to your ToolBars/Keyboard/Quads with 'Customize -> Customize User Interface'
The script will be located in the 'Piranha-Bytes' category.