Snapshot To Shape
Clone object by equal distances on the shape length.
The reason behind the script is to make independent clones,
ie they do not inherit the source object controllers.
For this purpose underlie procedure inside is
to make temporarily copy of source object and
apply path controller to it and finally
add default position_xyz controller to the new copies.
- Packed as function
- Copy any type of objects
- Order/snap to any type of shapes
- Clone type is optional (default: copy)
- Clone types: Copy, Reference, Instance
- Undo supported
- Help usage is available *
- Help is activated automatically When the wrong argument passed
Also Help is available as option in the 2nd (assistance) function
* [ for more details see the video ]
- Script is a pack of 2 functions (not UI).
More flexible without UI (I think so).
Thus have the freedom to decide himself how to
integrate the function to your workflow pipeline.
1st is the Core function
2nd is a walk-through assistance function
You can use the first function alone.
But the second is binded to the fist.
- The script tested on 3ds Max 2009
- Requested UI version (v.1.E)
- Added: interface
- Removed: help usage