Randomizer is a plugin to create UVW maps in several objects at the same time with the intention of randomize the position and rotation of them. It can be useful in the creation of objects with the same material but different pattern like tiled floors.
HOW TO USE THE SCRIPT
Randomizer-ui To create a UVW you should:
- Select the objects where you want to apply the UVW
- Choose the Type of UVW map that you want to use. (In future versions there will be more to choose)
- The script will create a UVW map with the dimensions of the objects unless you check custom size and introduce the desired dimensions Press “Create UVWMap” and the script will create a UVWmap in every selected object
- Choose the map channel where you want to create the texture. That will be useful to mix different maps (new for the 2.0 version)
To randomize the UVW position:
- Check “Tiled map” if the texture you are using is tiled
- Press “Random Position”
To randomize the UVW rotation :(new for the 2.0 version)
- Check “Snap Random Rotation” if you want the texture to rotate a fixed amount and select the amount you want(90 or 180)
- Press “Random Rotation”
- When the map is not Tiled you should press the “Random Position” button just once. If you press it more than one, some seams will be visible. (That issue will be fixed in future versions)
- In theory you can use “Random Position” in UVW maps that are already on the objects but I am not responsible for the results.