The purpose of this script is to help grab a bunch of still shots based off of the perspective viewport, or other cameras in the scene and to prepare them for rendering.
Every time you click “grab this view”, the camera angle is recorded into a single camera, and the renderer is set to render that frame, and any others that you “grabbed”. This is usefull for people who would like to run around their scene and take a bunch of snapshots and then have those snapshots render on a render farm all at once.
Some things to note:
- When creating a button or shortcut for this script, you can find it under the "maitland" category.
- This script will create a camera called “LookAtAndRenderCam”, it will later by default delete that camera.
- This script will modify the text in the render frames list and will switch the renderer to render the frames list.
- Feel free to use the code in part or as a whole, or modify it to do what you need it to do. All I ask is that if you redistribute it please credit me, especially if you redistribute it for commercial purposes.
- I have done my best to test this script and as far as I know nothing bad should happen, however, I accept no responsibility for what this script might do to your files, your computer, time lost, or any other bad thing that may happen. It’s always a good idea to test a new script out on a test scene first.
With that said, I hope you find the script useful