Brushify is a new scripted modifier that will let you clean up geometry to export as a brush (world geometry) for the Source Game Engine. Primarily, this modifier is for Wall Worm users who are making levels for the Source Engine inside 3ds Max.
With this modifier you can quickly:
• Snap All Vertices to the World Grid
• Cap Holes
• Set Cap Material ID
• Turn Concave Polys to Convex Polys (if they are Quad Polys)
• Weld Vertices
• Break Non-Planar Polygons
• Smooth by threshold
Unlike the other Wall Worm modifier for SnapVertsToGrid, this modifier can be instanced across multiple objects.
While this plugin cleans up a large percentage of geometric flaws for brush objects, it does not necessarily make every piece of geometry a valid brush or collection of brushes.
This plugin only works in 3ds Max 2016 Extension 1 / SP2 or later. You must have Extension 1 or SP2 installed to use this plugin!
- Added a collapse polygons by Material ID field. All polygons with IDs in the list will be collapsed. Helpful for reducing the number of brush sides.
- Added a new checkbox to Delete Isolated Vertices. This will delete any vertex from the incoming mesh that is not used in any faces. The deletion happens before any other calculation in the modifier.
- Added a Clean and Collapse utility in the Utility rollout. Runs Reset XForm, Collapse to Editable Poly and runs Remove Isolated Edge Vertices if Wall Worm's Carver tools are installed. This is helpful to clean unwanted vertices that can be generated if using Slice Planes.
- Added Slice Planes.
- Added Utilities Rollout with a Cap and Turn To Poly function for objects using slice planes.