LH | Auto-skin
Complete assistance to skin any 3ds Max rig !
LH | Auto-Skin will automate all the heavy skinning, leaving only finition to make manuelly, or even, in somes cases, skinning will not need editing! To make this operation, the tool will generate a "sliced" character/object, animators will be able to use this low character/object to animate more faster!
The auto-skin works with any rigs: biped, C.A.T, customs rigs... and of course with rig generated with LH | Auto-Rig which, with its intermediate bones, offers a better skinning.
Very simply to use it.
1. Select your skin character/object.
2. Select the bones.
3. Create envelopes. These envelopes will help the software to understand the volumes to create the sliced character.
Adjust your envelopes with the tools and/or improve the accuracy of those by directly modifying their geometry, their scale, their position or rotation.
4. Manage symmetry of your envelopes.
5. Generate the low sliced character/object.
6. Make a preview of skinning and adjust skinning with the tools.
7. Finalize your skinning. Enjoy !
More infos : http://cg-animation.com/en/tools/lh-auto-skin.html
Comparative 3ds Max skin and LH | Auto-Skin (no editing) :