Move Populate Files To Network Path
If you have ever tried a network render using Populate characters, you've probably noticed that the textures are generated by Max and saved to a local folder on your computer. This isn't very helpful if you are trying to render over network.
This simple script copies the diffuse textures from all Populate people to a new folder you choose, then assigns the new path back to the material.
- From the File Menu, go to "MaxScript" > "Run Script" and select the MS file.
- OR.. just drag-and-drop the file into your viewport.
- Run the Script
- Choose a new path to host your Populate textures
- If you regenerate your Populate characters, you may need to re-run the script.
- Doesn't currently move paths for "Custom Skin" assignments. I'm assuming you've assign these from a path that's already reachable from over the network.
This is my first post, let me know if you find this useful or run in to issues.