VFB+ : A Feature-rich Extension to the 3dsmax Frame Buffer
VFB+ 2.51 Released
Click for Change Log
Introducing VFB+ v2.51, the advanced virtual frame buffer for Autodesk 3dsmax.
VFB+ works with any renderer which uses the 3dsmax frame buffer, such as Scanline, Mental Ray, Final Render, IRay, VRay (when not using the VRay VFB).
The frame buffer has been designed and heavily tested to fit smoothly into any production pipeline, and to streamline the rendering workflow for anyone who renders in 3dsmax.
Version 2.51 is faster, supports any bit depth, and packs a multitude of new features. It works with any renderer, provided it is using the 3dsmax frame buffer (e.g. - V-Ray render will work when not using the V-Ray VFB).
A partial list of features:
- Support for 16-bit and 32-bit per channel (HDR) images and color correction.
- Various correction controls including exposure, gamma, multi-channel curves, vignette, chromatic aberration, bloom, blur/sharpen, speckle reduction, noise reduction, etc.
- VFB+ is active while rendering, including tweaking of color correction and stamping.
- Captures Render Elements, G-Buffer channels, and RTT elements as well as the main pass.
- Composition guides help you tweak your image.
- Pixel Aspect Ratio correction display.
- 4 different A|B comparison modes.
- Display modes for all channels.
- Support for 3D color LUTs.
- Realtime RGB Histogram.
- Rich graphics stamping system with virtually any imaginable variable including arbitrary MAXScript expressions.
- Fully documented.
- Customizable interoperability options.
- MAXScript interface provides access to almost all features.
A 30-day fully functional trial version is available for download.
See the link for complete details.