This is a free script, for non commercial use.
This is the perfect script to transfer your models from 3ds Max to ZBrush/Unity/UDK/...
Basically it batch exports objects to multiple files.
Supported formats : max, obj, fbx, 3ds, ase, dwf, dwg, dxf, dae.
- Very easy to use script
- All options are saved.This means all checkboxes, text fields will remember your change.
- Reset geometry. Apply the boxmethod to every object (reset transformation etc.). Optionally move the pivot to the origin.
- Delete turbosmooth. Delete the TurboSmooth modifier before exporting.
- Move to [0,0,0]. Move objects to the origin before exporting
- Rotate the objects before exporting (to fix rotation problems)
- Scale the objects before exporting (to fix scale issues)
- Name change. Add prefix and/or postfix to the name of the objects before exporting.
- Combine collision mesh. Mesh with the same name and the given prefix/postifx will be exported together (ex. UCX_).
- Combine LOD's. Meshes with the given prefix/postfix will be exported to the same file. For example _LOD* (* means numbering) for unity.
- Group support. Objects in a group are automatically exported to the same file. If the Collapse groups option is enabled, the group will be collapsed to one mesh.
So no need for an export scene. You can check the options and everything will be perfectly exported.
After exporting the scene will be restored.
This script has been updated several times by user requests.
If you have any remarks, requests or feedback, feel free to contact me.
How to install
You can easily run the script by dragging it in 3ds Max. If this doesn’t work, choose MAXScript -> Run Script…
If you want a button in 3ds max, you need to create one yourself. Here are the steps:
- Save the script to a location. (Example C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\scripts\)
- Open the MAXScript editor (MAXScript -> MAXScript Editor…) and create a new script (File -> New)
- Copy paste the following code:
tooltip:"Export/Import multiple objects/files v04"
- Change the path to the location where you saved the file
- Run the code (Tools -> Evaluate All) .
- Don’t worry, nothing should’ve happen.
- Go to Customize -> Customize User Interface
- go to the ToolBar tab and choose as group “Main UI” and Category “Custom”.
- Drag Export/Import multiple objects/files v04 somewhere on the Main Toolbar to create a button