- Corona Render fully supported
- Browse buttons are Read-only share friendly
- Attempted to support Octane Render, but the way they are exposing their custom map types like Image_Texture are not in line with any other plugin I’ve seen, if you want Octane support, it’d be best to contact them on their forums or email directly to help me resolve the issue, they were unhelpful when I attempted to contact them to resolve this. My forum name on Octane forums is colinsenner.
- Point Cache files are now supported
- Fixed ‘directory not recognized: $’ error
- Long overdue change to the way missing bitmaps are displayed, they are now displayed filename first, as requested by 100s of you. Sorry this took so long.
Relink Bitmaps is a script to easily relink all missing files (Bitmaps, VRayMeshes, Mental Ray Proxies, VRayHDRI, IES, etc) when they change directories or when you move computers, check out the short video tutorial below for more detailed information.
Unlike some other scripts of its kind, this is free! There is a small donation link within the script if you choose to donate, I will remove the nag. It is a simple licensing system, that does not force you to transfer network cards or be connected to the internet and will work with all versions of Max that are supported by the script. If you choose to donate I'll be more than happy to license multiple computers as well.
[*] All 3dsmax supported Bitmap Texture types
[*] (new) Relinks Mental Ray Proxy files
[*] (new) Relinks VRay Proxies (.vrmesh)
[*] (new) Relinks VRayHDRI files
[*] (new) Relinks IES files (including VRayIES files)
[*] (new) Automatically checks for script updates and new versions
[*] 250% speed increase from previous versions
[*] Command-line mode available for automating repetative tasks (see documentation on the website)
[*] Configurable default user options saving button clicks and wasted time
This script will also automatically check for more recent versions of itself if you are connected to the internet and will let display the changelog so you can see what new features were added.
Relink Bitmaps webpage:
Supported Max versions (32-bit and 64-bit): Max 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, Max 9 (service pack 1+)
This tool is available to the community for free, but I kindly request if you see the value in time this tool saves you, that you donate whatever you can to help me pay off student loans. Every donation helps immensely. I do however understand that we’re all kind of in tough times and I understand if you aren’t able to donate immediately at this time. To donate simply click the “Donate!” button on the script. I am suggesting $4.99 for an individual, but whatever you can spare will insure the future development of this script and updates.
If you can't donate now, I hope it saves you time and headaches.
Be well everyone,
(Watch the video for more detailed instructions for usage)
1. Run the .mzp file (Self-installing file)
2. In Max goto "Customize -> Customize User Interface -> Toolbars tab -> Category: ColinScripts->Relink Bitmaps" and drag "Relink Bitmaps" to a toolbar, click to run.